First off, all University Housing buildings will be open for the duration of Winter Break.
If you're going home...
- We ask that you turn off all lights and unplug all electronics - save electricity!
- Make sure you lock your doors and windows! Have your blinds drawn.
- If you want your bathroom cleaned over break, make sure to remove all personal belongings! If not, you can be charged a $25 fee - and no one wants that!
- If you have control of your heat/thermostat, keep it turned on!
- Cambridge, Purin, and East - Clean out your refrigerator!
- Sandburg North, South, West, and Riverview - Unplug, clean, and defrost your refrigerator.
For instructions on defrosting a mini-fridge, click here.
If you're staying...
- Hours for buildings and shuttles during Winter Break are different. Be sure to check and plan ahead! Here's our current list of hours for UWM Campus Partners during Winter Break.
- Your service/security desk will be staffed, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask them!
- The first Thursday of every month, the Milwaukee Art Museum is free! This is perfect for a snowy day.
- Milwaukee's Red Arrow Park is an outdoor skating rink located downtown! The rink is right next to Starbucks if you need a warm drink after.
- If you'd rather watch someone else skate, check out a Milwaukee Admirals game.
- If winter isn't your thing, check out the domes at Mitchell Park Conservatory with desert, tropical, and floral climates. Pro tip - you can get in for $5 with your student I.D.!
- If you're looking for a different indoor alternative, head to a movie at the Oriental Theatre or the Downer Theatre. Both of these are stunning buildings, and the Downer has a weekday student discount - also, their popcorn is said to be the best in town. For holiday specific performing arts events, check out this link to see some amazing options!
- If you're feeling festive, you can go downtown to the Milwaukee Holiday Lights Festival.
- Don't forget your classics, such as sledding, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing!
Before you go, your RA will hold a meeting, so if you have any questions make sure to let them, or us, know!