With spring break on the mind, lets take a second and think... We are thinking green grass, birds chirping, going to the beach, and finally being able to go outside with JUST a t-shirt and shorts! Now come back to reality and lets be real. Right now, next week is looking like mid 40s and 50s, so shorts are a possibility, t-shirt...if you are brave. Of course this is assuming that mother nature doesn't throw us a curve ball--which she is notorious for doing.
If you are planning on staying in the beautiful city of Milwaukee over spring break as I am, here are some ideas on things to do depending on the weather of course.
- Take a run or walk - Milwaukee has Lake Drive, Oak Leaf Trail, Veterans Park, and so many other good places for you to stretch you legs for a bit!
- Go to the beach - It is only about a 2 mile trek from the Union to Bradford Beach so you could walk there and then go relax in the sand. On your way back you can always take the bus or shuttle to get back to campus, so why not go and enjoy the outdoors.
- Go to the Domes - Especially since there is still a tiny bit of snow on the ground, the Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory is a great place to go and see what the warmer weather will bring to Milwaukee, and to other areas around the world.
- Catch a game - Several area high schools, clubs and rec leagues are having outdoor competitions you can watch or take part in. In fact, the Brewers are warming up for opening day which is already on April 6th!
- Get lost in downtown - All UWM students get a free Milwaukee Transit System Bus Pass. Use it to hop the 30, 30X, Gold Line, or other lines that run down town and explore an area of the city that you aren't familiar with.
Of course, now that the weather is becoming a bit more bearable, this city has so much to offer! So whether it is when you start during our Spring break or when you get back to the city, make sure to spend some time outside and soak in the city and sun!
- Tyler & Kenlei