Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Experience at UWM!

Way back in 2012 while I was sitting in my yearbook class at Menomonee Falls High School, I would see all of my fellow seniors stressing out about what colleges to apply for. I wasn't one of these frantic students because I knew that the only school I wanted to go to was UW-Milwaukee. My older brother previously went to UWM and when I toured the campus I fell in love. To know that UWM has an amazing journalism program was icing on the cake.

My freshman year I decided to live at home to save money and being from milwaukee it wasn't that far of a drive compared to a lot of others. I was taking about 17 credits, working 40 hours a week at Ernie Von Scheldorn car dealership, and dealing with the stress of commuting. This was just way too much on my plate and I made the decision that I was going to live on campus to alleviate this stress.

My sophomore year I lived on the 2nd floor of East Tower. It was so convenient that I was only 10 minutes away from class instead of having to wake up two hours earlier due to commuting. Not only did university housing give me the chance to actually make new connections with people I was going to class with, but with my roommate and suitemates as well. I started to take yoga at the Klotsche Center, made new friends watching the packers games down at the Gasthaus, and even played some intramural floor hockey! I wish I could go back to my freshman year and live on campus because it was the best decision I ever made. Yes staying at home does save you money, but when it all came down to it living at home did cost me lack of sleep, stress of commuting, and my sanity.

This year I will be living on the 15th floor of North Tower. I choose north tower because I liked the house lounge set up and the amazing view of the lake. Yes east tower does have a kitchen in every suite, but since I can't cook to save my life, the microwave will be more than enough. If you have any questions about housing or UWM in general I will be here to help!

Hope you have a wonderful University Housing experience like I have!

-Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment