Thursday, January 29, 2015

Newest Outreach Assistant! Becca =)

Hi my name is Becca and this semester I decided to try out a new job as a University Housing Outreach Assistant. 

I am in my second year here at UWM and I am a Marketing major in the Lubar School of Business. With hopes of getting into wedding planning.  When I am not in the office or hitting the books I am usually on Floor 3 of Sandburg South Tower working as a Resident Assistant. I am an RA for the Business Panthers Living Learning Community. I have found it really fun to be able to work with students that are in the same position I was in last year. 


In my free time I am usually at the Klotsche Center running or playing pick up basketball games. If I am not in the gym I am catching up on my TV shows on Netflix. I may or may not have a serious addiction to constantly watching One Tree Hill.  




I am from the suburbs of Chicago, but decided to come to Wisconsin to tour most of the colleges I was looking at. UW-Milwaukee was actually the first school I saw and in my eyes nothing could compare. When I first came to school here I knew one person. As scary as it was I had no idea it would be one of the best decisions I had ever made. My first year I was blessed with a great roommate, suitemates, and an entire floor that got along. 


The city of Milwaukee has so much to offer and in a city like this it is impossible to be bored.  Some of my favorite things to do is head down to Bradford Beach for a run, watch the Brewers get a win at Miller Park, or listen to concerts at local theaters.

The fact that I can say I am starting my fourth semester here at UWM is crazy. Everyone is right when they say your four years will fly by. So far I have had a great second year and can't wait to finish the year strong. 

If you have any questions about my experiences here at UWM or about University Housing, feel free to give me a shout out at uhmktg@uwm.edu

--Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment