Monday, June 6, 2016

Aloha!

Hey everyone - I'm Sabrina and I just recently starting working as an Outreach Assistant for University Housing. I have a long background with University Housing and wanted to give back more to incoming students. Some of the work I have done while living in Housing has been being the Events Coordinator (First Year) and President (Second year) to the Student Housing Administrative Council or SHAC. SHAC is similar to Student Government here on campus and we are established to serve and represent the resident population. We also work to encourage social/academic connections within the Residence Halls.

I am a proud student in the school of Education, with a major of Special Ed and a minor of American Sign Language or ASL. I have always wanted to be a teacher, and with recently becoming Deaf, I have decided to pursue a degree in Special Education. After graduation, the plan is to move to Arizona and teach at a Residential School for the Deaf.

I am excited to work for University Housing as an Outreach Assistant to help show how wonderful the Residence Halls at UW-Milwaukee are. I also hope to be a resource for all current and incoming students and their families.

Sabrina Waterfield

Being a proud UW-Milwaukee student, it is my goal to complete the UWM 56 Bucket List before I graduate. #4 - Get a picture with Pounce. This was taken at the University's Panther Pause - an event during study day to distress before finals.

#5 on the UWM Bucket List is to join one of our 300+ Student Organizations on campus and #21 is to grab a slice of pizza at Ian's Pizza downtown. This picture was taken during training with my fellow SHAC Executive Board. Ian's is a great place to grab a slice of pizza and relax with some friends. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you were having fun there!! Pictures are so nice, hope you can share more soon!!

    ReplyDelete