Monday, November 18, 2013

Preparing for Winter Break

Deck the Halls and ride a one horse sleigh to Grandma's house, but before you can do that you need to make sure you're prepared for winter break.   Students need to attend their house meetings to know how to prep their room for winter break.  You are welcome to stay over winter break no matter what residence hall you live in.  There is no extra cost for any student to live in the residence halls over break.  However, students should definitely check out our website with information on how to prepare your room according to which residence hall you live in.

Next, you should know RiverView will be closed for winter break, and there will be NO ACCESS for anyone. Students in RiverView will be asked to move to a Cambridge Commons room if they need housing over winter break. RiverView residents need to fill out a a request form to receive a winter room in Cambridge.  More information can be received from your resident assistant.  The forms are due no later that DECEMBER 6.

And last of all, for any students who are completing their time at UWM, you need to make sure you speak with your RA prior to your desired move out date.  You will need to schedule a move out appointment, so they can properly check you out of your room and avoid an improper checkout fee ($75).  You can visit our website to find this great checklist to help you avoid that fee.  Students, you will also need to fill out a termination form to end your housing contract with UW-Milwaukee.  We wish you the best on where ever your path will take you next.

Whether you are planning on staying or leaving over break, it is important most of all to attend your house meeting.  This has all information you could ever need....oh and make sure you clean!! 

Enjoy your break and congratulate yourselves for a semester completed!!  RiverView opens back up on January 19th and classes start the 22nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment