Friday, September 26, 2014

Community Councils

Are you looking for a way to get involved and have your voice be heard? Do you want boost up your resume and gain valuable leadership experience? Then you should join a Community Council or SHAC! 

Community Councils and SHAC are the student governments of the Residence Halls! More importantly, they are the voices of the residents in University Housing! Community Councils and SHAC also do a ton of events and activities for students!! One of these amazing events actually occurs this weekend on Sunday, September 28th! It's the SHAC Jamboree from 3pm-8pm in Sandburg Flicks! There will be scavenger hunts, free food, leadership activities and guest speakers!  

Joining a Community Council or SHAC is a great way to get involved in your community and meet new people! They are held right in your residence hall which makes your decisions and inputs that much more important. 

There are a total of six community councils: North, West, South, East-Purin, Cambridge and RiverView! They are open to any residents living in those communities! SHAC is also a great way to make a University Housing wide difference and is open to anyone living in University Housing. 

If you are interested in joining SHAC, stop by their office in Sandburg C221! You can also email them at or call them at 414-229-6313! 

If you are interested in joining a Community Council, just ask any of your RAs or stop by the Residents Life Offices in either Sandburg C120 or Cambridge Commons 144! You can also contact them at their social media sites below! 

Social Media
SHAC Facebook page:
SouthEnd Council:
SouthEast Purin Council:
NorthWest Council:
Twitter: @SHACatUWM or

Get involved!!


No comments:

Post a Comment