Friday, June 7, 2013

Learning about Emily

-->
Hello!   

My name is Emily Bowlin and I will be starting my third year at UW-Milwaukee this fall.  I am working towards a duel degree in Accounting and Dance.  I am also a part of Honors College.  Before college, I lived in Pewaukee and attended Pewaukee schools for 13 years.  I was very active in drama, choir, and National Honor Society at Pewaukee High School.  

Outside of school I competed in Ballroom through Fred Astaire Studios.  Dance is my favorite thing to do and you shouldn’t be surprised if you see me dancing to class instead of walking.


My experiences in university housing have made me a RiverView expert.  I spent my freshman year living in room 420 without a roommate.  This pushed me to get to know my suitemates and become good friends with them.  This past year I worked as a Resident Assistant on the 7th floor of RiverView.  As much as I miss all my residents and co-workers and the many adventures that happen in the resident halls, I am happy to continue working in university housing as an Outreach Assistant.


I am excited to get to know my new co-workers and be living in my very first apartment.  I am also very excited to be spending my first summer in UW-Milwaukee.  I enjoy attending Summerfest and can’t wait to go to WICKED the musical playing in Milwaukee.  Coming from a small city living in Milwaukee has been and continues to be an interesting change for me.  I hope you learn to love Milwaukee as much as I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment