Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day at UWM!

Today was my first day on campus! I drove to Milwaukee last night and stayed in a hotel with my family. We spent the night looking around the town and ended up eating at The Cheesecake Factory, just a few miles away from school. It was so delicious, especially the Godiva cheesecake, YUM! I moved into my new room this morning. I was a bit nervous because I have been hearing horror stories about everyone trying to move in at the same time and horrible things happening. I found it to be quite the opposite. When I got here, I got out of the car to go get my picture taken, key, and some free food too. My mom went to the parking garage to park the car and start unloading my stuff. I was pretty nervous that we would only have one hour to move everything into my room, after all, I'm a girl and I have a lot of stuff. I fit everything on the carts I was given and only had to make one trip up, and I even got on the first elevator within two minutes! Hows that for customer service?

After moving in my mom really wanted to go see Miller Park and get some pictures. Even though I am a photographer, I thought I would be funny and snap some good ones for her. She didn't find out until she got home that this was all that was on her camera.


Can you see the stadium? It is right there, under my left foot!


Good thing my mom loves me so much (or I would be in a lot of trouble)!

Moving in was so much more pleasant than I could have ever imagined! I am trying to get all unpacked but I will upload some pictures of what my Sandburg single looks like in the next few days. I did not bring enough storage so everything is laying all over my floor.

I have already made some new friends here on campus and its only my first day! Tomorrow we will have a floor meeting with our Resident Advisor so we can meet other people on our floor, go over some rules, and ask any questions. I am not sure what else we will do at this meeting but I am looking forward to it. I thought I would feel like a fish out of water here, since I am transferring from such a small and private college. I have realized that its really what you make it. If you want to sit in your room alone and shut the door it may feel like a big school, but if you go out and make friends and meet people it won't feel so overwhelming anymore!

-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment