Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Introduction

In my previous blog, I started telling you more about packing than actually introducing myself to you. Well, to start off with, my name is Lauren West and I just moved to Milwaukee from a small town called Waunakee. It is about 20-30 minutes from Madison, Wisconsin depending what part you are going to. This move had been big for me since I've lived in a small town my entire life. I'm more than excited to be here though and start my education. I am currently enrolled in the school of Architecture and Urban Planning. I hope to be an eco-friendly architect.


This school year, I am living in Cambridge Commons.

I have all of my stuff moved in already because I just got a job in South Campus Security. So, you will probably be seeing me a lot walking around the residence hall or working at the front desk. Feel free to stop by and say hi!!


It's been a day and I'm still unpacking. I just got internet service too. I'm seeing construction workers every now and then, but nothing too much is going on here. It's pretty quiet. Last night I made some food in the common kitchen, and the view from the kitchen of the courtyard is really nice. I'm a vegetarian so I made some instant rice noodles. Yum.



















Personally, I can't wait to start school actually and have everyone move in. It's too quite here, and the place needs more life to it. Hope everyone is enjoying their last two weeks of summer.

Right now, I'm just chilling in my room, writing this blog, looking at the courtyard, and listening to some music.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures and I can't wait for everyone to get here soon!!!!

4 comments:

  1. most of the RAs were enjoying their last curfew free weekend.. thats why the building seemed to be so empty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that, Anonymous!!!

    Lauren, congrats on the Security job! And hooray for vegetarians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, so that's why it seems like no one is here. It's been empty.

    Thank you very much!! I have this vegetarian Kashi pizza sitting in my freezer I can not wait to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whole foods down the street has the best Vegetarian and Vegan Fair around! There are also several amazing restaurants that cater to the same diets be sure to check out the Comet and the Riverwest Co-Op!

    ReplyDelete