Friday, August 13, 2010

Kayla's Introduction

Hi everyone!
I'm Kayla, and I'm super excited to be starting college at UW Milwaukee this year.
I'm originally from the small town of Oconomowoc, and will be living in Sandburg's North tower. My suitemates already seem awesome, and I even share a birthday with one of them, so that's neat! It's nice getting to know new people - especially since the town I'm from rarely ever had new people and most people ended up staying in the same clique throughout their entire high school careers.
I'm nervous that I'm not as prepared for college as my high school would've liked to let me think that I am. I never studied and always procrastinated (but always got good marks), so I feel like that's going to be a huge challenge this year, but I'm hoping it becomes easier.
With 2 weeks left before I move in, I'm frantically trying to get the rest of my stuff together (again, procrastinator!) but I'm absolutely excited to be living away from home in the residence halls. It's a chance to be on my own and learn and grow.
Never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for school to start this year.
-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment