Friday, September 10, 2010

Jenna- I'm Still Alive!

Hey guys,
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Between moving in, getting to know my roommates, and the first week of class, I've been quite busy. Overall, my classes are very interesting! I am in love with my sociology class, Social Problems in American Society. It challenges the way people thing about different groups and the stigmas that surround these problems. Very cool!

So last night my roommate and I went over to Riverview for the first time ever. I was absolutely starving after work and I couldn't possibly study on an empty stomach! I was surprised at how small it was. I thought it would have been bigger and had more options.. We met one of our suitemates there and she had gotten stir fry. A must on my list for next time. I ended up getting vegetable sushi (a first for me), a banana nut muffin, pumpkin pie, and an apple juice. Mind you, this is my first real meal being a college student. I was happy with everything except for the muffin. It tasted like it was about 2 weeks old! But oh well, you can't have everything. I'm just hoping that our cafeteria opens soon, it's would be nice to be able to stay in our own building. I am venturing out to Pick and Save for some groceries tomorrow. Hoping I don't break the bank!!

My roommate and I did our laundry together this past Sunday and that was an experience. It consisted of waiting for about 20 minutes until a washer opened up and then standing guard in front of it until it finished and it was ready to be transferred to the dryer. All in all it wasn't terrible, but waiting almost 2 hours to do laundry was pretty draining. Whose excited for the first full week of classes next week? I absolutely love being on the campus and just walking around. It's interesting how many different types of people you can meet by just being open and saying hi. That's what I love about UWM.

Pantherfest is tonight and that's bound to be awesome! It'll be a late night for me but I'm hoping to be able to sleep in Saturday morning, the first time since I've been here! I promise to keep you guys updated on all the new experiences I have. Have a great weekend!! :]

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment