Monday, September 27, 2010

*Insert Witty Title Here*

Well another week has gone by and I'm still standing. I hope everyone else can say the same in some way. Life has been going pretty smooth all around for me, and I can't complain about it. I've been hanging out with a good group of people in our lounge. If you live in Riverview, you know which one it is, if not come and find us. We end up watching multiple movies every night, so that's always entertaining. To name a few we've watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Kill Bill Vol. 1, and Anchorman. I know we've watched more than that, but those are the ones that I can pull off the top of my head right now. We went to Get Him to the Greek last night as a floor with our RA. I have to say, it was pretty funny. I'd enjoyed Russell Brand as Aldous Snow in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and I enjoyed him this time just as much.

Also, there's been a petition going around the building here to do something about the empty lot that's in front of Riverview. They're trying to get a green space of some sort, but just about anything would be appreciated. A friend of mine wants a giant water slide going out there. It'd be nice, but impracticable in the winter.

I'd also like to stress the importance of watching out for yourself and others. I was taking a walk a few nights ago and I was rounding the corner of North and Oakland when a random woman started walking alongside me. She didn't seem quite right in my opinion so I ignored her, but kept an eye on her. She asked me to walk her to the gas station multiple times, to which I gave the worst reply ever, "Sorry. I gotta go do something." She was obviously flustered about it, and I have no idea of whether she really did just want someone to walk her to the gas station or something else. I ended up walking the final five or so minutes back paying close attention to who was behind me. You never know what will happen.

Have a great time everybody.

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment